Monday, August 9, 2010

Soap Making in Haiti

Whether you spoke Creole or English, the excitement during all of my soap making classes was unmistakable. I'm so proud to say that I taught over 50 people to make natural glycerin soap in Haiti last week, and was able to share my testimony on how God gave me the vision to start Good Fortune. My wonderful translator, Filder, helped me explain my story and the process of cutting, melting, and pouring soap to my new friends. I hope you enjoy the images of all my beautiful new friends. Their faces make me smile everyday. They inspire me by giving me hope and remind me of how God gives His children strength, even through storms.



When told that 100% of the money from this soap would come back them in a few weeks, applause broke out! Humbly, I thank you, because $5 is one week’s salary in Haiti, and your purchase is making a HUGE difference in these people’s lives. Purchase a handmade soap from Haiti today.

Thank you for helping plant seeds! As the Scriptures say, “A farmer who plants only a few seeds will get a small crop. But the one who plants generously will get a generous crop.” —2 Corinthians 9:6-9