Monday, October 26, 2009

My Soap Angel

Meet my employee Teona, she is Good Fortune's Soap Angel. No really, it is her official job title, and she is a real blessing. Here is our story of faith and hope.

Teona and her husband stopped by the studio to shop one Saturday morning. Curiously they sampled the edible lip scrub, and were pleasantly surprised because her son had chapped lips. Before leaving, they signed up for our newsletter to stay in touch.

Later that week I sent out a newsletter with a prayer request for a part time helper, but feared it impossible to find someone capable in my location. Within 24 hours of sending my newsletter, Teona emailed me back and said she had just been laid off and had also been praying. Perfect timing!

On Teona's first day, we worked an incredibly long day and made hundreds of bars of soap. I had never trained anyone to make my secret recipes, but I had no option, and we went for it. This woman is a power house and claims making soap is easier than her last job! She kept up with me, followed directions, offered new suggestions, and blew me away. She is the soap angel.

Another cool thing is her generous spirit and huge heart for God. She decided to work partially for trade since she loved our products so much and knew I had a limited budget. Grateful for her generosity, I told her that I would donate soap in her honor for the hours she traded. Together, we have been able to donate 20 bars of soap for her church's mission trip.

One of my favorite verses is Mathew 7:7. "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." Are you needing help, but don't see how it is possible?

I suggest you pray first, then ask for help, delegate, and have faith. The right doors will open when the time is right!