Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Our Bodies are Temples

Another Monday has come and gone, and I'm seriously amazed at how life is just flying by. I'm excited about the results of the Waiora detox products I'm taking, and I'm doing pretty well on my other goals to get healthy.
This week I have:
  • Lost 1 pound over 2 weeks (but I think it should be more, arg!)
  • Gave up coffee with very little resistance from my body. I had a headache the first day, but I've had plenty of energy and a very clear mind.
  • Still no meat, and don't think I'll ever eat it again. I'm reading a book about the inhuman killing and torture of animals in slaughter houses, not to mention the antibiotics and other toxins from their rotting flesh. I'm pretty disturbed by all this...
  • I've made several really delicious vegetarian stir fried meals and been very conscious of what I'm putting in my body.
This week's sermon was about how our bodies are temples made by God, and that Jesus lives within us. If the toxic news flash doesn't get to you, then perhaps the image of Christ living in you will. I was convicted and refreshed by knowing I am wonderfully made. I want to honor God by treating my body with kindness and respect. I want to live more simply in all areas of life. We are what we eat in so many ways, such as the programs we watch, books we read, food we eat, things we do/say in private, and how we love ourselves. It is time to take out the trash, and only allow the things in our lives that nourish our bodies and souls.

Making and taking time to be quiet and meditate on hearing my inner voice is my challenge this week. I realize that calm waiting is much harder than active motion. I am excited to see how different life can be when I wait to hear His voice, rather than constantly moving and speaking.