Thinking green is a way of life for us. After all, it’s our duty to take care of this planet! Good Fortune supports clean and responsible living, while caring for each other and our beautiful earth. Our goal is to create less waste, consume less material, and use less energy. We understand that even the smallest steps to taking care of the environment make a big difference.
• 100% percent post-consumer paper for printed materials, whenever possible
• Recyclable and/or biodegradable plastics, paper, aluminum and corrugated cardboard for packaging
• Recycle shipping boxes and use recycled paper as the cushioning material in all our outgoing shipments
• Educate customers on natural ingredients
• Recycle all of our incoming waste
• Eco-friendly biodegradable formulations for our products
• Reuse everyday materials for soap molds or organizing trays
• Use cotton rags instead of paper towels, whenever possible
• Rely on digital documents rather than paper trails
• Use all natural cleaners
Q. Are your products all-natural?
Yes and no. As with any product, reading labels is important. Yes, because our products contain mostly plant derived materials. No, because we use colorants and fragrances that are considered in-organic material, and are not directly from the earth. Our goal is to use the highest quality skin nourishing ingredients, fragrances, and herbs that have been approved for use on skin. We never use harsh detergents, synthetic preservatives, phosphates or parabens.
Q. Why handcrafted natural soap is better?
We use real oils and real ingredients. Take time to read a soap label at the drugstore.... Notice the ingredients you can’t pronounce, mineral oils, harsh preservatives, and artificial colors. How can you get your skin clean with ingredients like that? Instead, Good Fortune uses natural plant-based ingredients that nourish and cleanse without drying or irritating, and still prove effective against germs and dirt, but gently!
The ingredients in Good Fortune products come from the world God gave us, not a test tube: 100% vegetable oils and essential oils, clays, honey, shea butter, and natural exfoliants such as oatmeal and lentils. The higher price of these ingredients is a small price to pay when it comes to the quality we provide.
We carefully select botanicals and nutrients to nourish the skin without harsh ingredients. Our advice is to learn the main chemicals to avoid, and then check the product ingredient label.
Here are a few we don’t like:
- Animal Tallow (not a chemical, but we prefer to use vegetable bases)
- Petroleum products – you know, mineral oil, the overuse of fossil fuels? Not cool. Go check your drugstore lip balm, lip gloss, and baby oil—GF uses beeswax instead! Mineral oil prevents the skin from breathing, and it blocks the absorption of the good stuff from soaking in.
- Sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS): Sodium Lauryl Sulfate is considered to be an irritant to the skin, especially when used frequently, and is commonly used to provide lather in shampoos, soaps and bubble bath.
- Fragrance oils and dyes: Fragrance oils and dyes are synthetic and can cause sensitivities in some individuals. Commercial products are often loaded cheap synthetic fragrances and colors. GF offers high quality fragrance oils in order to give our scent-obsessed customers that ‘apple’ scent you can only get from an fragrance oil. We use our FO’s sparingly and add the lowest percentage to recipes to help avoid any skin irritation.
Check out our Naked Soaps and go get yourself some Good Fortune!