Not only are widely available household cleaners expensive, many of these cleaners also contain hazardous chemicals.
Here at Good Fortune, we love to clean with three simple items: Vinegar, Lemon Juice and Baking Soda.
Vinegar is a great cleaner - some of its uses:
- cleans mirrors and glass better than any store-bought spray
- when mixed with baking soda, makes an effective drain cleaner
- freshens laundry
- cuts grime around stoves and on top of refrigerators
- clean up and disinfect pet stains
Lemon juice smells great and is great for your home! Use lemons to:
- freshen your garbage disposal when mixed with ice cubes
- clean out your refrigerator, coolers and lunchboxes
- remove stains in clothing and on surfaces
Baking Soda also packs a punch when used around the house. It can:
- remove coffee stains
- freshen laundry
- be used to scrub sinks, tubs and toilets
Hope this helps you think about better ways to "green" clean around the house!