Monday, September 6, 2010

Customer Review: Coconut Shaving Soap

Product review written by a loved Good Fortune Customer: Raena, Tampa, Florida

I first discovered Good Fortune Soaps when looking for a Mother's Day present for my boyfriend's mom. I regularly read Southern Living Magazine and when an article recommending Good Fortune was featured, I trusted that I would be nothing less than thrilled with the products I would order. I often purchase home-made soaps from a small shop in Tarpon Springs that makes goat milk soaps because they seem to last much longer and treat my skin much better. Occasionally I'll pick up a brand-name from the store, but there's always something missing - not so with Jennifer's soaps from Good Fortune.

First, the value of her soaps is truly amazing. You think to yourself "wow, I'm paying $4, $5, or even $6 for soap," but when you receive the products and see how long they last, and most importantly how refreshed you feel after using them, you realize it is MORE than worth it! Your skin feels smooth and soft without over drying. When used for shaving, I find I have no irritation and no itchy feeling when I'm finished. There's also no oily residue left on your skin - there's a clean finish and a pleasant uplifting scent.

And that's another important reason I love Good Fortune Soaps - although all of the scents are amazing, they're not overpowering by any means. I don't find myself coughing or sneezing after taking a whiff of the soaps and my boyfriend doesn't back away because it's too strong. He made the comment that when I use [Good Fortune Soaps] soap, I smell like me and not an overpowering perfume. My favorite scents would have to be the sweet island coconut and pink grapefruit. I'm looking forward to trying some of her products with the peppermint, vanilla, and orange notes.

Good Fortune does an excellent job with packaging and shipping. They don't send you a huge box with lots of packaging; they attempt to reduce packaging (and environmental impact) as much as possible. This is also true for the soap wrappers. The wax papers come with quotes that make you think and make you smile. The outside of my soap read: "The funny thing about life; if you refuse to accept anything but the best, you very often get it." -Somerset Maugham. Such a true thought and very much along the lines of her theme: Fortune favours the bold.

Overall, I think Good Fortune Soaps are a great value and a great product! I only wish more stores in my area sold the products so I wouldn't always have to watch my mailbox for my next goodies.

Good Fortune Soap: Good value, great product, and a wonderful passion for soap!