Monday, November 16, 2009

Good Fortune Lip Balm in Nepal


Jency, from The World Next Door Market, emailed me this week to say her "Good Fortune Lip Balm was great for the cold and (very) windy condition of Nepal". I'm not sure if I love her email & photos more, or the fact she was there buying fair trade goods to help fight human trafficking.

OKAY, I love the World Next Door's mission more! Here is an excerpt from their blog, and if you're on my shopping list, consider yourself lucky, because their shop is awesome!!

"Well, I returned from Nepal on October 29 and hit the ground running- end of GPS' Robin Hood, fair trade home parties, Normal Palooza- it's been a busy 2 weeks! I had access to internet just a couple of times and so was unable to post anything. This trip was so different from our trip in May, but once again I came back encouraged by what is happening in Nepal to fight human trafficking. It is an honor to play a tiny part in the work there. Being able to meet the women really makes selling products at World Next Door so personal and real. It really is making a difference! These girls are being loved and treated with dignity and respect- some for the first time in their lives. We ate together, laughed, and danced! Even with the language barrier, it was a great time. Visit our website here to see some of the hats and scarves I brought back. I would love to post pictures of their smiling faces but because of security issues when it comes to trafficking, I can't post them on the internet."

Pretty cool huh? Be sure to sign up for their newsletter and receive AWESOME deals and specials via email. We love Fair Trade!!