Friday, April 9, 2010

You might be surprized by what you can do with $10 a month

Can $10 buy freedom? Maybe if 10,000 people gave $10 every month it could.

I suppose one can't buy freedom, because we are free in Christ. But we can help free, rehabilitate and restore commercially sexually exploited girls by speaking out and financially supporting organizations such as Living Water for Girls. This Atlanta based non-profit combats sexual trafficking and commercial sexual exploitation through raising awareness, providing a safe therapeutic refuge, and an aftercare wraparound program. 

Did you know that modern-day slavery is still happening? The trauma of sexual trafficking and commercial sexual exploitation is BIG business, and it is going on right here in America. Young girls are being raped daily for profit in communities we call home. Why? Because there are adults who demand to have sex with our children. This physical, mental, emotional and spiritual trauma often leaves children broken and scarred for life.

I'm angry and sad, but grateful that God has given me a strong heart and a bold voice for the weak. I know He chose me for this because I constantly sense their pain and lift it up in prayer. I want to do all I can do and use Soap for Hope to empower girls. I'm not sure of His plan for my life or the girls enslaved, but I'm going to just keep walking in faith and take it one day at a time.

I just pledged $10 a month and hope you will do the same this very minute. Commit to a monthly pledge, then tell me (comment here, my Facebook, or email), and I'll send you a FREE $10 coupon to use at Good Fortune Soap. (That's like 2 lattes)!

Have you ever heard of the book Half the Sky? It has opened my eyes and my heart. Half the Sky lays out an agenda for the world's women and three major abuses: sex trafficking and forced prostitution; gender-based violence including honor killings and mass rape; maternal mortality, which needlessly claims one woman a minute.You've got to get this book, and become part of the solution.

2 Corinthians 3:17 For the Lord is the Spirit, and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.